Spring is just around the corner and it's time to make sure your home is ready for the warmer weather and change of season. Here are some helpful tips to jump start your Spring home maintenance!
1. Check all walkways, railings, fences and driveways for damage that may have occurred over the winter.
2. Refresh exterior paint on fences, decks and the exterior of your home. Not only will this increase curb appeal, but it can help enhance the lifespan of exterior features.
3. Clear the roof and gutters of any debris that may have accumulated. This is especially important going into the rainy Spring season!
4. Install or repair any exterior lighting. It's a great time to invest in solar powered lights to capture the longer daylight hours.
5. Have a professional service your air conditioner. Your HVAC system should be serviced twice a year for optimal performance. Most professionals recommend service in the Spring and Fall.
6. Powerwash exterior surfaces, including siding. This is important to wash away any salt and debris that has built up over the winter.
7. Check your mailbox to make sure it wasn't a casualty of a snow plow. Make sure the structure is secure and refresh any paint or house numbers.
Warmer weather and more daylight hours are just around the corner. Many of us will be enjoying more time outdoors over the next several months. These helpful tips will help you enjoy the Spring in a safe and inviting atmosphere.