Summer is officially here and the temperatures are rising! Make sure your home is prepared for the summer heat. Here are some yearly maintenance tips to keep your home looking clean and working efficiently this summer.
1. Service the HVAC system. It's recommended to have HVAC systems serviced in the spring and in the fall. If you haven't already scheduled your service, it's worth the call. Keeping the system clean and making recommended repairs can keep it working more efficiently and can even expand the life of your HVAC system.
2. Clean the gutters. In Central PA, we can get some extreme summer thunderstorms. It's important to clean gutters and make sure that all downspouts are connected properly to keep water away from your home.
3. Check the framing around windows and screens while you clean them. Cleaning windows and screens help rid your home of pollen and dust build up, meaning cleaner air inside your home. While you're cleaning, check out the framing around windows and doors and caulk any gaps that you find.
4. Clean and recoat decks and outdoor wood furniture. If you have a wood deck or wood furniture outside, it's important to clean and recoat every year to extend the life of your outdoor space.
5. Check the roof. It's important to make sure that your roof is in good condition to prevent leaks. If you can't view your roof safely, call a professional to inspect your roof, shingles and gutters and make any suggested repairs.
Follow these simple tips and you'll be ready for outdoor entertaining all summer long!