The US housing inventory is currently at the lowest inventory levels since the National Association of Realtors began tracking it in 1999. We are also seeing the lowest mortgage rates since Freddie Mac starting recording in 1971. With the convergence of these two factors, it really is the perfect time to list your home for sale. If you're ready to sell your home, there are a few things that every homeowner can do to potentially increase the value of your home. Small projects can have a huge return on investment. Check out these top 5 Do-It-Yourself tips to get the best price possible for your home.
1. Update fixtures. This includes more than just lighting. Think of everything from switchplates and outlet covers to curtain rods and doorknobs.
2. Paint...... Everything. A fresh coat of paint can make a house look brand new. Don't forget to put a fresh coat on doors, closets and even kitchen cabinets.
3. Update worn or stained flooring. There are tons of flooring options that can fit any budget. the best rule of thumb is to be consistent with flooring throughout each level of your home. Don't incorporate different flooring in each room.
4. Powerwash your home. First impressions are so important. Make sure your home is sparkling clean and inviting and make any necessary repairs to siding.
5. Install crown molding. It's simple enough to do and will really make those freshly painted walls pop!
Small projects can have a huge return on investment and even drive more buyers to your door. If you want to list your home for sale and want a strong agent with valuable tips on how to prepare your home, give us a call!