It’s that time of year when charities are looking for donations to help those in need. Have you thought about starting a donation tradition with your family? This is the perfect time of year to teach your family the importance and value of giving to others. We’ve compiled a list of 7 charities that support children in need.
1. Boys & Girls Club of America is a community based program that offers before and after school programs to keep kids safe, engaged and off the streets.
2. Locks of Love was created to provide quality hair pieces for children who have lost their hair due to medical issues and illness.
3. Make-a-Wish Foundation ensures that wishes are granted for children suffering from life-threatening medical conditions.
4. March of Dimes is dedicated to improving the quality of life of children who are born with birth defects and helps pioneer medical research for fetal health and cutting edge surgical techniques.
5. Ronald McDonald House Charities provides a safe and stable place for families to stay while their children seek treatment at hospitals and medical facilities. It ensures that families can stay together while their loved ones receive treatment.
6. St. Jude’s Children’s Research Center is dedicated to researching treatments that will increase the survival rate for children with serious medical conditions including cancer, sickle cell anemia and AIDS. In addition to funding research, they enable some families to receive cutting edge treatment at little to no cost.
7. Toys for Tots is a mission of the U.S. Marine Corps that focuses on collecting new or unused toys and distributes them as Christmas gifts to families in need. The organization has spread to all 50 states and has provided toys for over 173 million children in need.
If you’re ready to start a tradition of giving, these are great places to start. For more information on these charities and many others, please visit https://www.guidestar.org/NonprofitDirectory.aspx .