Halloween is a time for fun, costumes and, of course, candy! While children love this holiday, it also comes with some increased risks. Check out these safety tips to keep you and your family safe while trick or treating.
1. Use the buddy system and never go out alone. Make sure your child stays with you or their guardian at all times.
2. Wear reflective gear or bright costumes and stay on the sidewalks. Children are twice as likely to be hit by a car on Halloween than any other day of the year.
3. Inspect all candy and wrappers for tampering or choking hazards before your child eats it.
4. Limit the amount of candy your child eats, too much sugar and chocolate can cause a stomach ache.
5. Make sure costumes aren't too long and fit properly to avoid tripping. Also ensure that all props are soft and flexible so no one gets hurt.
Trick or treating should be a fun and exciting time for children. Following these tips will help you safely enjoy one of the spookiest nights of the year!