Avoid Unexpected Home Repair Costs
Don’t let unforeseen home repair costs catch you by surprise. Almost half of all homeowners underestimate the cost of some of the most common home repairs. There are some simple ways that you can prepare yourself and your family for the full cost of repairs.
1. Research local companies that provide the service your are looking for. Make sure to check out their reviews, what customers have to say and verify that they are reputable. This can be a great indicator for the quality of work that you can expect. Cheaper isn’t always better when it comes to home repairs!
2. Get estimates. Don’t stop at just one, reach out to multiple companies. While this can be a time consuming exercise, it can save you hundreds of dollars and is definitely worth the extra time and effort.
3. Talk with your friends and family that live near you. There’s a good chance that they can recommend someone.
4. Check out sites that specifically review local businesses. Sites such as Angie’s List are great resources that can help provide first-hand information so you don’t choose the wrong handyman or walk into a scam.
5. Save your money over time. This will make it easier to save and have less of a financial impact on your family if the cost of the work comes back higher than expected.
6. Remember that labor in general is the most expensive part of any home renovation. Make sure to get an accurate estimate, but be prepared that the labor costs may increase due to unforeseen challenges or complications that can arise.
If you’re ever in need of a trusted recommendation, give The Jennifer Hollister Group a call! We have recommended many tradesman to our clients, friends and family. Our team has a great list of preferred tradesman for your home repair needs!