Looking for an easy Do-It-Yourself project this summer? Is your home starting to show it's age? Here is a list of 10 easy ways to give your home a modern look for a price that won't break the bank.
1. Paint your kitchen cabinets. Sometimes a fresh coat of pain can make a world of difference. If you're feeling adventurous, try a new color that stays within the color palette of your home.
2. Update the backsplash in your kitchen and bathrooms.
3.Revamp the kitchen pantry to make it more efficient for your needs.
4. Change your doorknobs and light switches.
5. Prime and repaint any lackluster metal hardware.
6. Tired-looking tile? Sand and repaint!
7. Refresh your outdoor areas. Use a stencil to paint concrete surfaces or add bright colors to help your outdoor living areas feel more welcoming.
8. Make your wood trim pop with a fresh coat of paint.
9. Not enough space for a garden? Use baskets, pots, crates and similar materials to create small container garden.
10. Update lighting fixtures throughout the home to bring back a modern feel.
As you can see, there are tons of ways to update your home without the expensive of a complete remodel. Remember to keep things cohesive, make sure you have plenty of light and try to keep and open flow throughout the home. These small tips can have a huge impact!