Best Reasons to Sell Your Home During the Holidays
The holiday season creates the perfect ambiance for a home buyer to fall in love. Capture their senses with beautiful lights, fragrant smells and the sound of a crackling fire. There’s no place like HOME for the holidays. And, when smart sellers take advantage of this prime time, they know that the emotional triggers are at their peak. Add to that low interest rates, lack of competition and very serious buyers and you have the perfect holiday recipe for your home to sell for top dollar.
1. During the holidays there are less homes for sale. Less homes for sale means less competition. Less competition means higher prices. 2. Many buyers need to purchase for tax purposes.
3. Many people have time off during the Holidays, which increases their availability to see homes. Buyers that buy during the Holiday Season tend to be serious buyers.
4. Buying is an emotional purchase and emotions tend to run high during the Holiday Season. Strategically, having the opportunity to work off a buyer’s emotion is in your favor . . . they tend to offer a higher price when emotions are involved.
5. The Holiday Season reminds many people of family. The home is the foundation of the family unit. More people become motivated to buy during the Holidays more than other times of the year.
6. The interest rates are incredibly low, which allows a buyer to afford more in the market.
7. Many sellers will wait and list after the first of the year, which causes a lot of new inventory in January. The longer you wait; the more competition you create for yourself. You can expect a flood of new inventory in 1st quarter of 2017. As supply increases, your likelihood of getting an offer at an acceptable price decreases.
8. Companies typically bring new talent in starting at the beginning of the year. These new hires are looking at property now. You must be on the market to take advantage of these buyers.